Experience hope in times of uncertainty. Beginning on March 17 we are excited to announce that we will be studying amazing prophecies and revelations from the Bible that talk about current events. There will be dinner and childcare for ages 4-10, ALL FREE!!!! This will be an epic bible study adventure.
Series Dates and Times
March 17: 630
March 18: 530
March 19: 530
March 23: 630
March 24: 630
March 25: 530
March 26: 530
March 30: 630
March 31: 630
April 01: 530
April 02: 530
April 06: 630
April 07: 630
April 08: 530
For more information click here
The Great Controversy in Health Seminar will be presented at our church by Rico Hill on March 6-8, 2015.
Pathfinders & Adventurers
Registration: September 2 @ 6:30 p.m.
Schedule: Every Tuesday 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Location: Hillcrest SDA Church
2600 Kenwood Rd., 661-871-5000
Extra: Refreshments will be provided for
Annual Fee $100
Leaders: Melanie Duffield, Steve Dulcich
and Sylvia Elias
Annual Fee $50
Leaders: Jillynn Dulcich, Brian Polm
and Michael Stephan
Payment arrangements can be made.
“Economic Crisis – Natural Disasters – Pandemics – Extended power grid failure…How would you fare? Would you be able to provide water, food, and heat for your family and also for others in need? PREPARE NOW! A Sustainable Living Seminar at the Hillcrest Seventh-day Adventist Church on February 8 from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. and on February 9 from 10:00 – 4:00 p.m. Sunday lunch will be provided. Please call the Hillcrest church office if you plan to attend.” Click here for more information.
Convocation weekend is January 17-18, 2014. The theme, "In the Potter's Hands" reminds us of our dependence upon God, our faith in Him, and the work He will do in our lives not only in 2014 but also for as long as we live and until Jesus comes. Guest peaker Taj Pacleb wil be sharing the message with us Convocation weekend. The meetings are as follows:
Friday - 7pm Southside Church, 1330 3rd St. "The Potter's Work"
Sabbath - 10am (No Sabbath school) St. John Baptist Church, 1401 East Brundage Lane- "The Solemnity of Decisions"
Sabbath - 4pm St. Johns Baptist Church- "Did Not our Hearts Burn?" 1401 E. Brundage Ln.
Convocation movie night- 7pm BAA School Gym-- Movies "Creaton: The Earth as a Witness." & "The Blueprint: The Story of Adventist Education."
Music Ministry provided by: The Cartagena Family and Except4Grace
HAS BEEN CANCELED
SPRING EVANGELISTIC SERIES: Amazing Facts evange-list David Steward will be preaching the evangelistic series we have coming up this spring. The meetings will start on February 28th and conclude on April 5th. There is much to be done in preparation for these meetings and one of the most important things that needs to be done is for everyone to be praying about who they can invite to the meetings. God has placed and will place people in your path so that you can be an agent for Him to bring them into a better understanding of Him and His Word. Pray often for the people who you know would benefit from these meetings that God would give you the right opportunity to invite them. Also be praying for the speaker and that prepa-ration for the meetings goes smoothly.
Feb 7-9th, 2014 is Women's Retreat at Teneya Lodge! Special Guest Speakers Brenda Walsh & Erylene Piper-Mandy, Ph.D. For mre information and registration please go to : http://cccwomens.adventistfaith.org/assets/442406
POTLUCK: Next Sabbath November 23, will be our Thanksgiv-ing Potluck immediately after worship. This is always a joyful time of fellowship and thankfulness to God for His love and blessings to us as a church family. Please plan on preparing a spe-cial vegetarian dish and bringing a generous amount to share with others. If you have questions about what to bring call the church office. We look forward to seeing you, your family and friends.
Pathfinders meet every Monday from 6:30 to 8:00 PM and Adventurers meet every other Monday from 6:30 to 8:00 PM. Please keep them in prayer and support them in any way that you can. If you know of any chil-dren who would like to join don't hesitate to contact the leaders or the pastors. We look forward to seeing all that God has in store for them this year!
Children's Church is on September 21st! The theme is Storm Clouds. It begins at 11:15 A.M. They will dismiss the kids from Main service at the appropriate time. Children 4-12 are welcomed to join us. Younger kid are welcomed but must be accomanied by parents if they are not potty trained.
This Sabbath is Bakersfield Adventist Academy Teacher's dedication. This is a very important service where we join together and pray for our school and teachers. Out of all the things we can do to help with Adventist Education is this, to offer powerful prayers for them. Join us together and give spiritual support to God's leading of BAA.
Changing Office Hours
– On Monday, August 19, the Hillcrest Church’s office hours are changing. Office hours are currently 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday. Beginning August 19 office hours will be 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday
Homeless Ministry Distribution
- Calvin Kubo’s Sabbath school class has organized a distribution on Sabbath, August 24, at 2:30 p.m. They will be helping the homeless at the Martin Luther King Jr. Park. If you would like to participate please email Calvin at email@example.com
If you would like to join the Lambs of Our Gentle Shepherd Orchestra that played for our church service today please call the orchestra director, Mike Kizer, at 932-0780.
WALK THROUGH BETHLEHEM:
Thanks to all who have donated money for our Walk Through Bethlehem project. So far we have received about $4,000.00. It is our hope that over the next year we will be able to raise an additional $16,000. Be-cause of all the infrastructure needs, we would like to begin con-struction in August of next year so that everything will be built by the beginning of December. We encourage everyone to con-tinue to give a financial donation weekly or monthly in order to fund this important ministry project. Our church family and the Kern County community will be happy to experience Walk Through Bethlehem again.
We are now moving into the next phase of building up our new church directory. All names and addresses that we currently have on file will be included in the directory unless you contact the church office with updated information or with your request to withhold certain pieces of information from it. Reasons you should contact the church office:
1. You are not sure if your information is current
2. You would like a mailing address listed but not your physical address
3. You want certain information kept out of the directory (i.e. a phone number, address, email address, etc.)
4. You have experienced a change in family status (i.e. birth, death, marriage, etc.)
5. You were not able to coordinate a time to have your pic-tures taken by Lifetouch but would like to send in a profes-sional family picture
Call the church office 871-5000 or fill out the form which can be found at http://tinyurl.com/lm6tvwj
Vacation Bible School at Hillcrest Seventh Day Adventist Church will be June 17th-21st.
8:30am-11:30pm Ages: 4 years old to 8th Grade
Crafts, Music, Games, and Amazing Stories all FREE! Call our church office at 871-5000 for more information
May 13-15 & May 19-21 Lifetouch will be taking family photos for our NEW church directory. Please take this opportunity to have you family photos taken for not only our directory, but for a proffesional photo keepsake. Here is the link to the website to sign up for a photo session time slot, please sign up now, slots will fill up quickly. Or type in-- "https://www.securedata-trans14.com/ap/hillcrestseventhdayadventistchurch/index.php?page=10"
Practice is every Friday at 7pm at Hillcrest Church. Please call Linda Veneman, Choir Director, for more information-(775)-322-3046
Save the date for our Pack-It-In Picnic!
When: Sabbath, April 27th by 1:30 p.m.
Where: We plan to meet at Hart Park
(exact location to be announced next week).
What: Simply pack your family's favorite picnic food and bring
lawn chairs or blankets to sit on.
We'll have some fun nature activities to do as well as
opportunities to mingle.
Hope you can all join us! ~ The Social Committee
Our prayer ministry leader, Vicki Largent, has set up a schedule for prayer teams to meet for prayer time with you! If you would like to pray with them, have a special request you want prayed over, etc., please meet in the prayer room/conference room on the north side of the foyer for 30 minutes after church services are over. At the back of the bulletin you will see which prayer team is on duty that Sabbath.
Prayer cards have been placed in the pews for your prayer request. Place the card in the box in the foyer and Vicki will pick it up.
Courageous Men’s Group: Sunday’s @ 5:00 p.m. Do you need encouragement? All men struggle with practical issues and need support.
Come join other men as we unite to strengthen each other in these times of need.
“Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” Psalm 133.1 For location and more information call the church 661-871-5000
Health Seminar--for iflyer annoucement click on this link: Health Seminar Flyer
Don't miss it, only One night!!
Saturday, January 19, 2013 at the FOX theater 7 .m.
Tickets are $5 and available at:Hillcrest SDA Church, Central SDA Church, www.foxtheateronline.com, Russo's Books, emporium Western Store, or At the door while supplies last.
About the FILM: Based on a true story, Edward Fudge, young Biblebelt preacher gets surprise visit from an eccentric stranger who has a bizarre request. He wants Fudge to investigate hell. What follows is something no one---especially Mr. Fudge---expected.
Watch the trailer! www.hellandmrfudge.org
CONVOCATION 2013—Our Convocation will be January 18-19, 2013. This an experience of great spiritual blessings for all the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Bakersfield and Kern County as we come together to worship God and fellowship with one another. Our speaker this year is Pastor Jonathan Henderson, Senior Pastor of Grand Avenue Seventh-day Adventist Church in Oakland, CA. God has anointed this young pastor to preach the word with the power of the Holy Spirit. We encourage everyone to come and be a blessing and you will receive a bigger blessing from God!
BIO on our Guest Speaker:
Pastor Jonathan Henderson has been preaching since the age of 15. After graduating from Loma Linda Academy in 1994, he went on to Pacific Union College, graduating with a degree in Theology in 1998. After serving as the colleges Outreach Minister for two years, Pastor Henderson accepted to serve as the Campus Ministries Pastor at the Campus Hill Church in Loma Linda, California. In 2003, Pastor Henderson was led to serve as the Senior Pastor of the Grand Advent Church (formerly Grand Avenue Church), where he has remained for the past 10 years. Over the past 20 years in ministry, Pastor Henderson has enjoyed traveling throughout the world sharing the Gospel.
In 2008, Pastor Henderson published his first book, Worth Every Drop—A Journey into the Heart of God. The second edition of Worth Every Drop will be published by the Review and Herald in the first quarter of 2013.
Pastor Henderson is married to the love of his life, Iris, a nurse in the Bay Area. This past summer they welcomed their first child, Nathan Allan.
NO SABBATH SCHOOL or services at Hillcrest January 19 due to Convocation
FRIDAY, JANUARY 18, 2013 7pm "With Jesus in the House" at Central SDA Church 4201 Wilson Rd.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 19, 2013 10:30 a.m." With jesus in the Heart" and 3:00 p.m "with Jesus in Heaven" at Saint John Missionary Baptist Church 1401 E. Brundage Lane.
Saturday Night 7:00 pm "Hell and Mr. Fudge" A little story about a big lie. Fox Theater 2001 H St. Tickets are $5 and available at Hillcrest Church, Central Church, and www.foxtheateronline.com
Our annual Christmas program with monlogues and music will be on December 22, 2012! "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:21
Revelation Seminar Volunteer Signup Sheet / Feb.8-March 2
Note: The following are the volunteer positions that need to be filled. Place a check mark in the box by ANY positions you might be interested in. Placing a check mark does not indicate you have committed, only that you are potentially willing to do so, you will be contacted by a team leader for questions and final commitment. Additionally, if you are willing to function as a team leader in one of the following areas below indicate so by place an “L” next to your check mark. Leaders will not be expected to recruit their teams. Pastors will be instructing and working with all team lead-ers. The team leader will contact their committed volunteers by e-mail to inform them of their one meeting date prior to the seminar which will cover job duties and the setting up of their master sched-ule with the dates each volunteer can work.
- Child Care: Arrive no later than 6:45 and finished by 8:30 or 9:00. Will help to sign children in and out to parents and mainly be involved in telling stories, crafts, and songs.
- Registration Team: Arrive no later than 5:15 and will be fin-ished by 7:30.
- Parking Attendants: Three volunteers on duty per night. Ar-rive no later than 5:30. At 7:00 these three volunteers will be-come the fellowship hall clean-up crew for the evening.
- Security: Two volunteers on duty per night from 7:00 to 9:00. May have a vehicle of some kind to help keep an eye on the parking lot and facility. Each night this team will be responsi-ble for locking up the facility after the meeting is over.
- Ushers: Arrive no later than 6:45. Will be passing out and picking up things during the announcement time and the end of some meetings. Will not be seating people.
- Telephone People: Quick and easy phone calls to attendees who have missed a meeting. There will be an easy to follow script provided on what to say and not to say.
- Piano Players: Piano players are needed who can provide ac-companiment to the speaker as he concludes his sermons. The latest a piano player could arrive would be 8:00.
- Foyer Greeters: Greet the attendees each night from 5:30 to 7:00 in the foyer.
- Dinner Table Attendants: Teams of two should arrive at approximately 5:30 and need to attend almost all, if not all, of the meetings in the series. Main job is to make friends with guests and to give instructions for where to go after dinner.
- Student Servers for Dinner: Arrive at 5:15 and should be finished around 7:00. Do not have to attend every meeting and will be asked to wear all black and tie their hair back. Will serve in the serving line and attend to tables. Can eat af-ter 7:00 and will not be required to clean up the fellowship hall.
- Bathroom Clean-up: Four people total, two people on a team. Teams alternate each week. Asked to clean the men’s and women’s restrooms each morning there will be a meet-ing.
- Sanctuary Clean-up Crews: Need four volunteers total. Two will clean the sanctuary each night after meetings (pick up trash and vacuum foyer and sanctuary). The teams alternate each week.
- Decorators: Four people are needed to help decorate the sanctuary, foyer, and tables in the fellowship hall with items the church already has. The decorations need to be changed four times throughout the seminar. Sally Kubo will guide you through this process.
- Sound Booth Operator: Arrive by 5:30 for Pre-program that starts at 6:00.
- Music Coordinator: Extensive responsibilities in coordinat-ing the music for the Pre-program to ensure proper schedul-ing. Will need to be at most, if not all of the meetings from 5:15 to 7:00 each night. Valerie Anglen will provide assis-tance with recruiting, etc.
- Musicians: Will be involved in sharing their talents between the PHEC presentations during the Pre-program between 6:00 and 7:00, and may be asked to be prepared to do a special music at the start of the main meeting. Musicians are asked to help with one meeting only.
- Prayer Team: Will be involved in various prayer related ministries before, during, and after the meetings.
Christmas Baskets—Again we have the opportunity to bless others from our blessings. What a wonderful way to show Jesus’ love! Volunteers will make up food boxes Sunday, December 16, that will be given to our church members and community families in need of help this Christmas. A table is set up in the foyer for your donations. Please be sure to check expiration dates. Thank you and God bless you and your family this Christmas!
Donate Furniture—do you have any new or gently used household furniture you would like to donate to a family in need. If so, please contact our Elder, Jason Elias, Call office for details 661-871-5000
Bakersfield Bethany Homeless Shelter is in need of 80 toys for this Christmas season. This organization is one of a few shelters in the state of California, which provides shelter for homeless fami-lies and single parents with children. The Hillcrest Women’s Min-istry is collecting toys for children ages 0-10 years.We are in need of: stuffed animals, puzzles, games, coloring books, crayons and books for reading. We are also asking for small toiletry items for gift bags to give the parents: small toothpaste, shampoo, condition-er, hand lotion, soap, toothbrush and washcloth. In addition, the shelter is in need of gently used clothing all sizes for both children and adults. Please place wrapped toys (with a tag indicating item and age range) and all donated items in the Women’s Ministry box in the church foyer. We need all items by December 16, 2012. We thank you for your generosity in this community service.
Youth Bible Study every
Wednesday @7:00 p.m. All
youth are invited for study and
fellowship. Hawley's House----call the church office for more details: 661-871-5000
FROM THE SOCIAL COMMITTEE-We will be having several social events throughout the coming year.
1) Everyone is invited to go GLOWing and Caroling in our com-munity December 15. We’ll meet in the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 p.m. Then return about 7:30 for hot chocolate.
2) We would like to invite everyone to an Honorary Event Decem-ber 16th here in the Fellowship Hall from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. We are honoring 10 of our most senior church members from 4 to 6 in the Fellowship Hall, then for the last hour those that are being honored will go on a chauffeured drive to see the Christmas Lights. We would like to ask that everybody bring soup and bread enough to feed your family plus 2 more. Please come together to have some fun, food and entertainment.
DVD copies of Dr. Steenberg’s sermon and two-part parenting seminar from 11/3/12 are available upon request. If you wish to make a donation you may mark your tithe envelope Broadcast Ministry.
Earlier we announced that Taj would be here the 17th, but the date has changed to November 24, 2012. So get excited!! Taj Pacleb will be sharing the word with us! Get ready for blessings!